Three chicken meal recipes you absolutely love
Stuck in a rut in the kitchen? Tariq Halal is here to help with these tried-and-true chicken recipes your whole family will love. The best part is they are quick and easy to make!
Piri Piri Stir Fry with Rice and Grilled Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 2 tbsp Piri Piri sauce
- Cooking oil
- Put a cast iron skillet on the hob and heat it.
- Coat the chicken with half the Piri Piri sauce.
- Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes until it’s browned, periodically turning the chicken with tongs.
- Heat a wok with some cooking oil and stir-fry the onions and peppers until the onions brown.
- Cut the chicken into strips and add it to the wok with the rest of the Piri Piri sauce.
- Continue cooking until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Serve over rice with roast potatoes or fresh roasted vegetables like broccoli or zucchini.
Spring Chicken with Parmesan
- 1 egg white
- 5 tbsp grated parmesan
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- A dash of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the grill in your oven to medium and line a grill pan with foil.
- Beat the egg white in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Put the parmesan cheese into another bowl.
- Take the chicken and dip it first into the egg white, then into the cheese.
- Place the chicken onto the grill pan and grill for 10 minutes, turning once.
Serve with rice, and fresh veg, and squeeze some lemon juice over the chicken for added spring freshness.
Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Make the glaze by combining soy sauce, garlic, and honey.
- Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until browned on one side.
- Add the sauce to the pan and toss the chicken to coat it with the glaze.
- Cook the chicken until it’s cooked through.
Serve atop jasmine rice with crunchy salad onions, sesame seeds, and fresh veg.