Crunchy & Tasty Chicken Nuggets - Your Kids Will Love It!
Chicken nuggets are always a hit when they are served on our plates. Both children and adults alike love this classic comfort food but if you are concerned about the nutritional content of chicken nuggets, try our healthier homemade chicken nuggets recipe.
You have more control over the ingredients when you make them yourself so you won’t have to worry about additives or preservatives. Plus, baking these fresh chicken nuggets in the oven rather than frying them is a much healthier option for a quick and delicious meal.
- 500 g chicken breasts sliced into chunks
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to a 200°C/180°C fan.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and set it to the side.
- While the oven is heating up, whisk together the flour, parmesan, and spices in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together until beaten.
- Take your chicken chunks one at a time and dip them first in the flour mixture, then in the eggs, before dipping them in the flour again. If you like your nuggets with a thicker coating, repeat this process again.
- Place your breaded chicken nuggets onto the baking sheet, evenly spaced apart.
- Put the nuggets into the preheated oven and leave to bake for 20 minutes or until the nuggets are browned to a crispy golden color.
Serve warm as an appetizer, a main, or as a snack with your favorite homemade or store-bought dipping sauce. Go beyond ketchup and dip your chicken nuggets in:
- Honey mustard
- BBQ sauce
- Buffalo blue cheese sauce
- Peanut satay
- Tahini sauce
Halal Chicken from Tariq Halal
If you’d like to make this recipe, keep exploring our online meat shop to buy fresh and frozen halal chicken. We are one of the most established halal butchers in the UK and stock a wide range of nutritious halal products to make your meal times truly stand out. From fresh halal ingredients to premade items like Halal Chicken Samosas, you’ll find something perfect for even the pickiest of eaters.
We also have several easy-to-follow recipes on our blog that you’ll be sure to love like marinade sauces, grilled chicken legs, and spatch cock chicken. Explore our website to check out our range or look for the Tariq Halal label in major retailers like Sainsbury’s.