The Do’s and Don’ts of BBQ
When you’re up for a BBQ session, there’s something to be said for small disposable grills. You can easily cook up a few delicious BBQ treats without any fuss or the need to invest in large equipment. However, many people swear by traditional BBQ’s and love to make a day out of grilling.
Unless you’re something of a grill expert, you may not know the best methods for grilling meat on a BBQ. Everyone has to start somewhere! With these Do’s and Don’ts from Tariq Halal, you’ll be quickly on your way to cooking perfectly grilled halal BBQ meat.
- Have all that you need at hand and everything ready to go.
- Use a meat thermometer.
- Ensure your meat is at room temperature being barbequing.
- Use a dry rub to give your meat extra flavour.
- Heat your grill before cooking.
- Toss some wood chips over the coals to add smokiness.
- Create different sized coal piles to have varying levels of heat.
- Move meat to cooler parts of the grill during flareups.
- Keep one side free of coals where the finished meat can rest.
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes to keep the juices in.
- Use too little charcoal.
- Rush your cooking time. Slow and low is your best bet.
- Use lighter fluid to light the grill.
- Cut into the meat to check if it’s cooked as this dries the meat out.
- Use spray bottles of water on flareups because this can send ash up over your food.
- Don’t press down on burgers while they’re grilling.
- Keep cooked and raw food grouped together.
- Don’t skewer foods together that cook at different rates.
- Cook meat with non-meat foods if you have vegans or vegetarians in attendance.
Best Halal BBQ Near Me
Whether you’re cooking for a small group or have a big event coming up, Tariq Halal has your covered. We have Halal BBQ boxes of varying sizes with specially curated selections of halal BBQ meat like BBQ lamb ribs and peri peri chicken. For larger groups, contact us to discuss BBQ wholesale halal meats.
Tariq Halal is your one stop shop for halal BBQ. In addition to the best quality halal BBQ meat, we also stock delicious dry rubs, marinades, and pre-seasoned meats that will enhance your next BBQ session. Visit our online meat shop today to have your BBQ needs shipped to your door.