Tips for making delicious marinades at home
Marinating meat is a process of soaking meats in a seasoned liquid called a marinade before cooking them. Marinades commonly use an acidic liquid like vinegar or citrus juice or an enzyme found in fruits like mango, kiwi fruit or papaya to fully enhance flavours and change surface texture. Make marinated meat part of your cooking schedule and totally transform the dishes you serve to your family.
How to marinate chicken?
Marinating chicken is the same as marinating any other meat, simply prepare your marinade and follow the recipe instructions in terms of how long you leave the meat to soak before cooking.
Salt and oil are the two foundations of any marinade. The salt ensures the marinade can be absorbed even into the driest areas of the meat, this is achieved by a process called osmosis. The oil will allow the herbs and spices to fully reveal their aromatic flavours. The choice of herbs and spices can depend on the preference of an individual’s recipe and the choice of meat.
Making delicious marinades at home
Making marinades really couldn’t be easier, here are some top tips to help you make the most delicious and mouthwatering marinades at home:-
- you will need both salt and oil as the base for your marinade
- always fork the meat by pricking holes in it so that the meat will absorb the sauce more readily. If you have a large piece of steak then you can make cuts in it with a knife
- Always cover the meat evenly with the marinade and the best way to do this is to put the cut into a zip-lock bag and flip the bag over after marinating the top half. The other way to do it is to use a large bowl so you can submerge the meat, just stir occasionally and keep the bowl tightly covered with cling film
- Always chill the meat as it is marinating
- Never use the same marinade twice
- Marinate the meat for several hours, overnight is ideal for a meal on the following day
Marinated meat is the best way to enhance flavour and taste whilst ensuring a succulent texture to any dish that you cook so that the cut retains moisture and is never dry. There are literally hundreds of different recipes for marinating meat designed for all types and styles of cooking. Bring your cuisine to life with delicious homemade marinades, quick and simple to achieve. To find out more about how to marinate chickenand other meats plus some delicious recipe suggestions, visit our website tariqhalalmeats.com Today!