Why Beef is a Great Source of Protein?
Beef is, like other types of meat, an excellent source of protein. The protein in beef is high quality and contains all of the essential amino acids required for human nutrition. For this reason it is referred to as a complete protein. Don’t overlook the benefits of beef in your daily diet. If you want to buy beef and other top-quality Halal meat online then visit Tariq Halal who offer an online meat ordering service, purveying the best quality Halal meat in London.
The necessary protein levels in the adult diet depend on a range of factors including age, weight, height, gender and activity level.
What are the advantages of eating beef?
Beef contains top-quality protein and this plays an essential role in building and maintaining muscle mass and the tissues in your body. Protein also helps regulate many of the body’s processes and beef, in particular, offers many health benefits for the skin. A serving of lean beef is an excellent source of several B vitamins, zinc and selenium.
How to make healthy beef choices
- Ask your butcher for a healthy cut - Tariq Halal offers a range of cuts via their online service which are not always available via a conventional shop
- The beef should be lean and trimmed of any fat – our online meat ordering service allows you to choose the exact cut and have it prepared ready for you to cook. Lean cuts of beef are those with less than 10 grams of total fat and 4.5 grams or less of saturated fat. ‘Loin’ and ‘round’ are the keywords for lean cuts of meat so sirloin, tenderloin steaks, eye of round roast and round steak are all lean
- Avoid processed meat products like beef burgers as the fat content is generally too high. It is so quick and easy to make your own with some minced steak, breadcrumbs, beaten egg and a little seasoning
- If you are roasting beef and using oil, place the joint on a griddle so the fat can run off it whilst it is cooking
- Slow cook the beef in stews, curries, and casseroles with lots of vegetables and pulses
Beef sometimes gets a bit of a bad press but if you buy selectively and only eat lean beef, then the benefits of beef far outweigh the disadvantages. Buy the choicest and most tender cuts of lean beef via our online Halal meat ordering service. Tariq Halal sells the finest Halal meat in London through our regular meat box service, delivered fresh and ready to cook direct to your door. Visit our website to find out more tariqhalalmeats.com
Click Here to Calculate Your Optimal Daily Protein Intake using the Protein Calculator