How to Marinate a Beef Inside Round Marinating Steak
Also known as a top round or topside beef, beef inside a round steak is similar to a tenderloin and is usually broiled or slow-cooked to bring out its texture and flavour. An inside round is also commonly roasted and sliced for roast beef. It can also be cut into thick and tender steaks.
Inside round steaks are best served medium rare. You should also marinate steak beef for at least 4 hours so that it can release all its flavour. The longer you let it marinate, the more flavour you’ll get when you cook it.
This beef inside round marinade recipe is best for steaks cooked on a grill or broiler, but you can also use a skillet on your cooker or an electric grill pan. To make your steak even more tender, slice the steak thinly against the grain to shorten the tough fibres.
The Best Halal Beef Steak Marinade for an Inside Round Steak
- 1kg inside round steak
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (preferably low sodium)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, Creole mustard, or a similar brown or gourmet mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- First, use a large measuring cup to combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and mustard. Once the wet ingredients are mixed, add in the garlic, black pepper, and oregano and stir.
- Place the steak in a large food storage bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal the bag securely, squeezing out any excess air, then turn it several times to thoroughly coat the steak.
- Put the bag in the refrigerator, away from other items, and leave it to marinate for at least 4 hours. Flip the bag over periodically while it’s marinating so the marinade coats both sides.
- Once your steaks are ready, serve with fluffy garlic mashed potatoes or roast veg.
If you’re ready to make this steak marinade, visit Tariq Halal’s online meat shop to buy the best cuts of savoury halal beef.