How to BBQ chicken drumsticks
Even when it’s cold and dreary outside, you can have BBQ chicken drumsticks any time of year. Cooking BBQ in the oven may not have the same smoky taste, but it’s still just as delicious. This chicken drumstick marinade creates tender and juicy meat that has a crispy skin. For extra crispiness, take the foil off the dish for the last few minutes of baking.
The chicken drumsticks are marinated by putting the sauce on before cooking it, but if you double the recipe you can use some as a topping or as a dipping sauce.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan)
- Lay the drumsticks in a baking dish large enough to hold all the chicken.
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, butter, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chilli powder in a bowl.
- Once thoroughly combined, pour the mixture over the drumsticks. Cover the dish with foil.
- Leave the chicken to bake in the oven for about an hour, turning once.
- The chicken will be done once the juices run clear and the meat at the bone is no longer pink. Use a meat thermometer to check that the meat near the bone is at least 75C.
Some popular side dishes for BBQ drumsticks include mashed potatoes, roast veg, rice pilaf, and creamy coleslaw.
Halal Chicken from Tariq Halal
The perfect juicy and tender halal chicken can be bought online in the UK from Tariq Halal’s online meat shop. We have a wide range of high quality chicken like chicken thigh (boneless), chicken breast, chicken hearts, and chicken strips.
We also stock several spices and ingredients perfect for making your own marinades and spice rubs. Whatever it is you want to cook for dinner, be sure to buy your ingredients from Tariq Halal.