How To Cook Chicken Breasts From Frozen
Did you forget to take the chicken breasts or thighs out of the freezer for dinner tonight? Don’t worry! You don’t have to order a takeaway now - you can still use the chicken. Tariq Halal Meats has some great time-saving tips for you so you can use the chicken you forgot to defrost!
It’s important to know that if it’s a whole chicken or if the chicken is on a bone, it does require full defrosting. But if it’s boneless chicken breasts or thighs we are talking about, you are in luck. Here is a recipe that will not only save you time but also money.
When cooking chicken from frozen, you have choices. You can bake or poach. Here are directions for each.
BAKING FROZEN CHICKEN:
- Preheat oven to 160
- Place chicken on a baking tray in the middle of the oven
- Turn chicken over at 22 minutes
- Bake for another 23 minutes
- Serve with sauce of your choice
POACHING FROZEN CHICKEN:
The process of poaching something is when you heat it in a liquid that is hot but not boiling. In this case, it will be water or chicken stock. Poaching your chicken will give you options because you will be able to shred your chicken with this method.
- Fill a large pan with water or stock - but only enough to just cover your pieces of chicken.
- Put chicken in the liquid BEFORE you heat the liquid.
- Turn heat on to medium (or whatever temperature is low enough to heat just below boiling).
- DO NOT BOIL
- Keep liquid just below boiling for 40-45 minutes
- Check that meat is not pink inside (can cut top/middle of meat to view)
- If meat is no longer pink, you can remove it as it is finished
Chicken stock is the recommended liquid for this as the meat will be far more flavourful.
Pull poached chicken apart with two forks, serve on small corn tortillas, with chopped coriander, sour cream, mango salsa or mango chutney, fresh tomatoes, fresh diced onions, grated cheese of your choice, avocado, and freshly squeezed lime juice on top for a flair of the Sonoran desert. You can add some jalapenos for an extra bit of hotness!
Tariq Halal Meats has all the cuts of meat you and your family need for your meal planning and budget. Visit us online to find your nearest location or place an order for delivery to your door! www.tariqhalalmeats.co.uk