Healthy & Delicious Chicken Nuggets for the Whole Family
Air fryers have revolutionized the way we prepare our food. They are an easier, quicker, and healthier way to cook many of our favorite dishes. An added bonus to using an air fryer is that they are more energy efficient than other appliances. With energy prices continuing to soar, air fryers can take some of the pressure off our bank accounts.
If you’ve just started using an air fryer or are looking for new recipes to try in yours, this homemade halal air fryer chicken nuggets recipe is perfect. Not only is it easy to follow, but making chicken nuggets in an air fryer gives you juicy yet crispy chicken chunks that are healthier and more nutritious.
- 3 halal chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 eggs
- 85g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika.
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Cooking oil spray, preferably olive oil spray
- Optional: a pinch of chili powder for an extra kick
- Preheat your hair fryer to 200C for 10 minutes.
- While the air fryer is heating, trim the chicken breasts and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and set them to the side.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and add paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and chili (if using).
- Take a piece of chicken and dip it into the egg mixture, then dip it into the breadcrumbs. Repeat for the rest of the chicken.
- Place the chicken nuggets in a single layer within the air fryer basket and spray with cooking oil.
- Air fry the nuggets for 15 minutes or until they are crispy and have an internal temperature of 75C. Remove them from the air fryer carefully with tongs or a fork.
The chicken nuggets will keep for a few days if they are stored in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also freeze them, but they’ll need to be fully defrosted before reheating. To reheat the nuggets, heat the air fryer to 200C. Cook the nuggets in the air fryer for 5-8 minutes or until they are thoroughly heated through.
If you’re ready to make this chicken nugget recipe, shop at Tariq Halal to buy fresh halal chicken breasts. You can also buy ready-made halal chicken nuggets you can quickly cook as a midweek meal in your air fryer or oven.