Benefits of Meat and Poultry in the Diet
A healthy diet isn’t one that is free of fat and calories but instead is one that is balanced. This means you can eat things that don’t normally appear on fad diets as long as you do so in moderation. Eating a balanced diet will ensure that you get the variety of vitamins and nutrients that are essential to keeping you happy and healthy.
Health Benefits of Meat
One of the most important foods for nutrients is meat. Meat is nutrient dense and provides a wide range of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals that you would struggle to get from other dietary sources. Lean poultry meat in particular is considered a nutrient-dense food source that can help with weight loss because it makes you feel fuller for longer. Many studies have shown that a low-calorie, high-protein diet is very effective for weight management.
Another benefit to meat is that the body tends to absorb more nutrients from meat than it does from other foods. These nutrients include:
- Vitamin B12: Your body doesn’t produce this naturally so you’ll have to get it by eating meat. B12 helps your red blood cells carry oxygen throughout the body and keeps your brain and nerve cells healthy.
- Creatine: A nutrient that helps with muscle tissue, brain function, and energy. People who don’t eat meat have much lower levels of creatine in their muscles than people who eat meat.
- Carnosine: An antioxidant that is believed to help prevent Alzheimer's and reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 from meat is more effective than vitamin D3 from other sources. Beef liver is one of the best sources of D3.
- DHA: This is the most prevalent omega-3 fatty acid in the brain and is important to brain development and brain function. DHA is especially beneficial to children to help them with their brain development. Pregnant women should also get enough DHA to help with their baby’s development.
- Selenium: Meat is an excellent source of selenium. Selenium helps make your DNA, protects your cells from damage, and assists with thyroid function.
- Zinc: A nutrient that promotes your immune system.
The butchers at Tariq Halal only choose the best cuts of meat to ensure customers receive juicy, delicious, and nutritious food. Take a look at our online shop today to buy premium halal beef and poultry.