Beef :Nutrition Facts
What’s great about beef is its versatility and taste. You really don’t need to do much to it to make it delicious. Simply cook it properly and you have a great meal to share with friends and family. Whether cooking ground beef or steak, the recipes are endless as are the cooking methods. You’ll never get bored cooking with beef.
The benefits of beef nutrition prove that beef is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. It’s loaded with several essential nutrients including protein, iron, zinc, selenium, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, phosphorus, pantothenate, magnesium, and potassium.
Studies have found that eating beef 1 to 2 times a week has major benefits to health.
Here’s just one beef recipe that we know your family will love.
- ½ kilo beef top sirloin steak (2cm thick), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large onion, cut crosswise into 1 ¼ cm slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper and green pepper, cut into 1 ¼ cm strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tortillas (corn, flour, or wheat)
- Avocado, minced fresh coriander, and lime wedges
- Rub steak with seasoning mix.
- Grill or pan-fry steak and vegetables over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and rest (covered) for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve in warm tortillas and top with avocado.
Nutritional Profile of Beef
- Large Source of L-Carnitine which is good for heart health, diabetes, and weight loss.
- High in Protein to improve muscle mass
- Contains “Master Antioxidant” Glutathione, known to have anti-aging benefits, increase longevity, reduce the risk of chronic disease and strengthen the immune system.
- Rich in minerals: iron, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc.
- Full of Vitamin B to improve overall health.
Choose Your Beef Wisely
When examining the health effects of beef, it’s important to realize that not all beef is created equal. Try to steer clear of processed beef and opt for organic grass-fed beef. It’s healthier to avoid factory-raised beef that was grain-fed and given growth-promoting hormones.
Beef contains many health-promoting nutrients that we need in our diet. Like any food though, balance is key. Enjoy beef regularly but maintain balance to keep it healthy. Overall, it’s one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the human diet and it’s so delicious too!
Shop Tariq Halal online for the best high-quality halal meat available in London. We supply and deliver the best halal red meat, poultry, side dishes, and more. Give us a try! for a full menu of our products.