Roasted Turkey Breast with Bread Stuffing
Cooking turkey breasts also takes a lot of pressure off the chef because they don’t require as much time or energy to cook. The meat will cook at the same rate throughout, so you only have to reach one final target temperature to get the perfect roast meat. As soon as the turkey reaches 70°C, you can take it out of the oven.
- 1 whole 2kg skin-on turkey breast, patted dry
- 8 tbsp of butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 loaves of stale, high-quality bread (like French bread) cut into cubes
- 4 cups of low-sodium chicken or turkey broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sage leaves
- ½ cup minced parsley
- 2 tbsp minced oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190C (170F fan)
- In a large pot, melt 5 tbsp of butter over medium-high heat, being careful not to burn the butter
- Add onions, celery, garlic, and sage, stirring until softened
- Remove the pot from the heat and add half the stock
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, 3 tbsp parsley, and remaining stock until combined
- Slowly pour this mixture into the softened vegetables then fold in the bread cubes.
- Fill a buttered 9 by 13 baking dish with the stuffing and place the turkey on top
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining butter with salt, pepper, and remaining parsley and oregano. Use your hands to rub this mixture into the turkey breast.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, or until the stuffing starts to brown
- Remove the turkey and place it on a wire rack set in a foil-lined baking sheet and return the turkey to the oven, roasting it until the turkey is golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the turkey breast from the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes. Pour the juices over the stuffing and return the stuffing to the oven to cook until golden brown.
- Carve the turkey and serve with stuffing and any other delicious side dishes you’ve made!