Fresh Butter Herb Chicken Recipe with Garnish
Every once in a while, we want a new recipe that is simple, but impressive to add to our repertoire! Introduce this recipe to your menu for a taste of the french countryside guaranteed to shake up the dinner table and jolt the taste buds. Tariq Halal Meats has the best meat for your needs.
Tariq Halal’s French Countryside Butter Herb Chicken:
- 1 whole hen or chicken, approximately 2 kilos
- 50g butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 shallot
- 1 small head of garlic
- 4 onions (white is best, any will do)
- ½ bunch tarragon
- salt/pepper to taste
Heat oven to 180
Make herb butter:
- Finely chop your (peeled) shallot
- Chop parsley and tarragon leaves (after rinsing and de-sprigging)
- Combine shallots, parsley, tarragon, salt, and pepper (to taste) in a small bowl.
- You can also add lemon/lime zest if you like, but not necessary
- Carefully, lift the skin off the chicken with your fingers, taking care not to rip the skin
- Insert all but about an almond size piece of the herb butter under the skin, spreading it all over the chicken
- When complete, place skin back down covering herb butter. You can use toothpicks to secure skin if you desire
- Chop onions, remove the skin from garlic cloves but leave them whole. Place on the bottom of a cooking dish and place chicken on top.
- Place a small amount of water on the bottom of the oven dish, cover with foil and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
After one hour, remove the foil, spoon juice from the bottom of the oven dish over the top of the chicken, and put it back in the oven for the remaining 30 minutes.
Suggested sides to serve with this:
- Boil red cabbage, then place in a frying pan with honey and vinegar and reduce.
- Mash potatoes, boil them with whole cloves of garlic and add sweet potato for color and flavor variety.
- French onion rice (brown or caramelize onions with butter and add to rice). You can add the tarragon and parsley from the chicken recipe and pour some of your chicken gravy over as well!
Garnish your finished plate with tarragon and parsley leaves for presentation!
Tariq Halal Meats has wonderful quality halal meats available at your nearest location and for delivery directly to your door. Visit us online today to find your nearest location or to place your order today! www.tariqhalalmeats.com