Classic Tandoori Delight: Authentic Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Smokey grilled Tandoori Chicken is named for the special clay oven it’s baked in. Because of this, you might think the only way to cook authentic tandoori chicken recipes, you’ll need to have a tandoor oven at home. However, if you use the right spices and marinades, you can make tandoori chicken at home that rivals what you get from your favorite restaurant.
Authentic Tandoori Chicken Masala Recipe
For the Marinade:
- 600g chicken thighs, cut into boneless cubes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ garam masala
- Salt to taste
For the Tikka Masala:
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ¾ cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Fresh coriander bunch, chopped
- Salt to taste
For the chicken:
- Put the chicken cubes into a large bowl and rub the meat with lemon juice and salt. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place the rest of the marinade mix into a blender and process until smooth. Add to the chicken and leave to marinate overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook the chicken, preheat your grill and slide the chicken onto skewers.
- Grill for 20 minutes, turning the chicken throughout.
For the Masala:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat and Sautee the onions until browned. Add in the ginger and tikka spices, cooking until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomato paste then add the tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil and leave to simmer for 4 minutes.
- Pour in the lemon juice, cream, and salt.
- After 5 minutes, add in the garam masala, coriander, and grilled chicken.
- When ready to serve, top with some of the coriander as a garnish and lime slices if you have them. Eat this delicious recipe with basmati rice and warmed naan bread.
Buy Halal Tandoori Chicken Online
start cooking restaurant-quality tandoori chicken masala at home!