Valentine's Day Favourites: Best Steak recipe for your special someone
Chocolates get a lot of attention around Valentine’s Day, but what about other foods that you’ll be eating over a romantic meal? Since this special occasion only comes once per year, splurge and treat yourself and your loved one to a delicious steak.
Easy to prepare with very few seasonings needed, this mouthwatering pan-seared steak recipe will leave you both deliciously satisfied. All you need is your hob, a frying pan, and juicy, high-quality halal steaks from Tariq Halal.
Halal Valentine’s Day Steak Recipe
- 2 boneless halal rib-eye steaks or sirloin steaks, 2.5cm thick
- 1 small shallot, mince
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 3 chunks
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet or frying pan over high heat until very hot, roughly 3 minutes. Meanwhile, pat dries the steaks with a kitchen roll and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks into the pan with ¼ inch of space between them. Reduce the heat to medium-high and leave to cook for about 4 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the steaks, cooking a further 4 minutes for rare steaks, 5 for medium rare, and 6 for medium.
- Once cooked put the steaks on a plate and lightly cover them with kitchen foil.
- Using the same skillet, add in shallots and sugar and cook for 45 seconds.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the broth, red wine vinegar, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, scraping up sediment on the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add in mustard and stir, cooking for another minute.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in butter until it’s melted and the sauce looks thickened and glistening.
- Remove the bay leaf then spoon the sauce over the steaks. Serve with thick oven chips, grilled corn on the cob, or pilaf rice.
Eat, love, and enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s Day from Tariq Halal!
You can buy a variety of marinades and high-quality halal steaks, halal chicken strips, halal meat shop mutton, and other premium halal foods from Tariq Halal’s online meat shop.