Make Super Crispy Triple-Dipped Broasted Chicken at Home
Broasted chicken is similar to fried chicken, except that you get delicious, crispy chicken with meat inside that stays tender, juicy, and moist like a roast chicken. To breast chicken in a pressure cooker, you have to combine frying and pressure cooking techniques. Once you get the hang of it, you and your family won’t be able to get enough of our broasted chicken recipe!
Crispy Triple-Dipped Broasted Chicken Recipe
- 1 Whole chicken cut into 12 pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- For Breading:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup cornflour
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup water
- Oil as needed
- Combine minced garlic, salt, pepper, and buttermilk in a mixing bowl to make a marinade. Put the chicken into the marinade then wrap it with clingfilm to seal it. For maximum flavour, let the chicken marinate for at least 12 hours.
When the chicken is ready, combine the flour, cornflour, pepper, chilli powder, half the mixed herbs, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs with the water.
- In a third bowl or dish, combine the panko crumbs, the rest of the herbs, and a pinch of salt.
- Unwrap the chicken and dip each piece in this order: the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, then into the panko crumbs mixture.
- Once each piece of chicken is thoroughly covered, set it aside to dry for 5 minutes. Heat up oil in the pressure cooker whilst the chicken dries.
- Put the chicken into the pressure cooker and fry for 30-45 seconds.
- Cover the cooker and pressure cook for 1-2 whistles.
- Turn off the cooker and let the chicken sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully release the pressure by lifting the whistle with a spoon.
- Open the cooker, heat it again, and fry until crispy again.
- Drain and serve hot with your favourite side dish!
To make Super Crispy Triple-Dipped Broasted Chicken at Home with high-quality halal chicken, visit Tariq Halal’s online meat shop. We sell only