New style Chicken Kebab Recipe by Tariq Halal Meats
There’s nothing more perfect for a summer barbecue than a marinated grilled chicken kabab. It’s the perfect crowd-pleaser for any backyard fiesta or picnic. With fun meat skewers, even the kids will love it!
This Yogurt Marinated Chicken Kebab recipe is fast and easy, so you won’t have to spend lots of time prepping or cooking. The key to keeping the meat tender while also infusing it with flavor is a simple yogurt marinade.
Bite-sized pieces of herby yogurt-marinated chicken are threaded onto skewers, then grilled to perfection. The kebabs are easy, and crowd-pleasing, and you can serve them up any way you like. Simply shower the charred chicken with herbs, slide the pieces onto pasta salad, or pair the chicken pieces with the season’s freshest produce.
We hope you enjoy this recipe!
Chicken Kebab Ingredients
2 cloves garlic
1 medium lemon
60 ml cup fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
230 ml whole milk plain yogurt (Greek yogurt is not recommended – too thick)
10 ml teaspoons kosher salt
5 ml teaspoon paprika
1 ml teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 kg boneless, skinless halal chicken breasts or thighs (or any other high-quality chicken)
- Prepare the yogurt marinade. Combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice (1 tbsp), chopped fresh parsley leaves, yogurt, salt, paprika, and red pepper flakes in a plastic gallon zip-top bag.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Cut 900-1000g of boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs into 1-inch pieces.
- Marinate the chicken. Transfer the chicken to the yogurt marinade. Seal the bag, then massage the chicken to coat. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate up to overnight.
- Heat the grill.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers.
- Grill the skewers. Place the skewers on the grill in a single layer. Cover and grill until grill marks form and the chicken easily releases from the grill, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the skewers and grill until the chicken is cooked through and registers 75°C on an instant-read thermometer, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Serve the skewers. Garnish with more parsley and serve immediately.
For your next barbecue or summer party, you can get the best and highest-quality halal meat in London at Tariq Halal. We supply the best halal meat, pre-marinated meat, deliciously prepared dishes, and groceries that can be bought in-store or online and delivered directly to your front door.