How To Cook Short Ribs Using an Oven
Beef short ribs are one of those dishes that can zhuzh up the presentation of anyone’s culinary skills. Whilst they are relatively easy to cook, if you get the flavor and method just right, you’ll have a table full of food moaners with mouth-fulls of ooohs, mmmm’s and ahhh’s. The first trick, of course, is starting off with an excellent quality short rib. Tariq Halal Meats has the best quality beef short ribs you can find. Visit us online today to find a location near you or order in for delivery to your door in London and surrounding areas.
Next, are the cooking tricks. Let us share with you a tried and true method of cooking beef short ribs in the oven that will have your family and guests thoroughly impressed with your cooking skills.
Honey BBQ Oven Cooked Short Ribs
2.5 kilos short ribs, flanken-cut (roughly 6 ribs, bone-in, cut into 5-6 inch strips)
32g sweet paprika
32g cup cayenne pepper
½ tsp cumin
½ cup honey
1 tbs onion powder
2 tbs dry oregano
2 tbs garlic powder
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 180C
- In a small bowl combine paprika, 4 tsp salt, onion powder, oregano, garlic powder, cayenne, oregano, cumin, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Rub above mixture all over ribs
- Ribs should sit at room temperature with rub-on for 1 or 2 hours (no more than this)
- Place ribs in an oven dish, fat side up.
- Cover tightly with foil
- You can cover with another dish, tray, or pan to ensure the foil seal stays in place.
- Cook for 2.5 hours
- Remove from oven
- Increase the heat of the oven to 220C
- Flip ribs over
- Drizzle the honey over the top of the ribs
- Put ribs back in the oven uncovered for 10-15 more minutes
- Remove and serve
We suggest serving these over garlic and rosemary mash potato, whipped celeriac and sweet potato mash, or even spicy potato wedges. Don’t forget your veg - try some grilled asparagus! Just lay some asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper over top, and pop in the oven for the last 10-15 minutes of baking your short ribs.
Tariq Halal Meats has the best cuts of beef short ribs and all the fresh ingredients you need to serve your budget and the imagination for your inner top chef. Visit us online to find your nearest location or to place an order for delivery to your door today. www.tariqhalalmeats.co.uk