Winning Recipe: Honey Mustard Chicken with Mushrooms
This delicious Honey Mustard Chicken with Mushrooms is made with chicken tenders sautéed with mushrooms and onions in a sweet and savory sauce that’s served over rice of your choice. It’s perfect for a healthy and quick meal for any day of the week and for any event.
As a supplier of quality halal meat online and across London, one thing is for sure, at Tariq Halal we love food and love to share it with our customers. Chicken is one of our most popular meat options because it is so versatile….and delicious! Enjoy this recipe, we know you and your family will love it!
It’s a very simple, quick meal that is full of flavor and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 pack of chicken tenderloins or 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 680 grams) cut into 4-6cm strips
- 32 grams flour (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 235 ml sliced button mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon or yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 178 ml chicken stock
- 60 ml fat-free milk
- In a bag or bowl, mix flour and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shake excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken breasts and brown 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken to a platter and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onions to the pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Mix mustard, honey, chicken broth, and milk together and add to mushrooms and onions.
- Add chicken back in and cover with sauce.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook just until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice of your choice.
There are so many variations of healthy and delicious chicken main courses out there but this one is packed with flavor and is a great meal for when you need something quick to make. Check out our website for more halal chicken recipes and halal meat recipes as part of our halal meat online service. We supply fresh quality wholesale meats across London.