What are the Benefits of Eating Fresh Mutton/Goat Meat?
Goat meat is commonly eaten in Asia, the Caribbean, and the Middle East. Recently, it’s become more popular in the UK because of its unique taste and health benefits.
In fact, goat meat is one of the healthiest red meats you can eat because it’s lower in saturated fats and cholesterol than other types of red meats. It’s also a rich source of nutrients and vitamins your body needs like protein, iron, B12, and potassium.
Additional health benefits of mutton include:
- It’s a good source of calcium for your bones
- Goat meat has nutrients that boost the appearance of hair and skin
- It has zinc which enhances your immune system
- Goat meat is a rich source of selenium and choline, which can help prevent cancer
Mutton is also recommended for women who are pregnant. The nutrients in it can prevent anemia during pregnancy for both mother and baby. Meat from goats is also believed to help reduce the risk of some birth defects.
Goat Meat Recipes
Goat meat has a distinct, gamey flavor that’s sweeter than lamb, but not quite as sweet as beef. Most recipes using goat enhance its flavor with strong and flavourful spices and sauces.
Here are a few popular fresh goat meat recipes from around the globe:
- Jamaican Goat Curry: Goat meat is seasoned with thyme, turmeric, coriander, cumin, and chilies, and served with fragrant rice and beans.
- Mexican Goat Barbacoa Tacos: A unique dish that has seasoned goat meat wrapped in banana leaves slowly cooked over an open flame. It can also be cooked in an underground oven lined with hot coals.
- Goat Biryani: Indian goat biryani is a dish of rice, onions, and goat meat marinated in yogurt, biryani masala, and turmeric.
- Goat Shawarma: The goat meat is covered in a spice mix before being roasted on a rotating spit. The savory caramelized outer layer of meat is shaved off and served over rice or in a pita.
Halal Meat from Tariq Halal
Since 1965, Tariq Halal has been a leading halal meat shop providing the UK with the highest quality fresh meat and frozen meat.