How to Make Meat Stocks and Gravy?
After cooking a meal of steak, stew, or a Sunday Roast, your beef still has more to offer. You can use the drippings in the pan to make a delicious homemade beef brown gravy.
Easy and Simple Beef Flavoured Gravy
- For a classic beef gravy, start by pouring the drippings and fat into a bowl or measuring cup and scrape in all the browned bits in the pan, too. Aim for around 2 cups of juices, but if you don’t have any or have enough you can make gravy from stock and fat. The more marbled your meat is, the more drippings and bits you’ll have.
- Measure out 4 tablespoons of fat and add it into a small saucepan to heat over medium heat. Continue heating until the fat starts to shimmer. If you don’t have enough fat left over to make 4 tablespoons, you can add some vegetable or sunflower oil to make up the difference.
- Once your fat has turned to a golden brown, add in 4 tablespoons of flour and start stirring. The lour will quickly turn into a paste and keep stirring until the paste is a golden brown color. At this point, slowly pour in around ½ a cup of the juices and whisk until smooth. After you get a good consistency, add in the rest of the juices or broth and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Let the gravy simmer for a couple of minutes and then add in any seasonings you like, such as salt, pepper, lemon juice, or herbs.
- Now just pour the gravy over your meal and enjoy!
Beef from Tariq Halal
To make the best beef brown gravy, you need to buy meat from Tariq Halal. We are the UK’s leading supplier of premium halal meats that are tender, juicy, and full of flavor. In our online shop, you’ll find an incredible array of beef and other meats including:
- Wagyu Porterhouse Steak
- Gold Leaf Sirloin
- Greek Chicken Kebab
- New Season Spring Lamb Ribs
- Marinated T-Bone Steak
In addition to our extensive selection available online with home delivery, you can also find many of our products in-store and in Sainsbury's. From halal meats to marinades to groceries you won’t find anywhere else, you can get it all from Tariq Halal.